The 2002 Year Book of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery cover topics such as: Biologic therapies for psoriasis, pathogenesis of androgenic alopecia, complications of excisional and reconstructive surgery, complications of cosmetic surgery.
Year Book of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery
High-quality color photographs enhance this completely updated, practical guide to the diagnosis and treatment of skin diseases in neonates, infants, children, and adolescents. The text features a clinically oriented approach to pediatric skin disorders and includes a differential diagnosis index. New features in the 3rd Edition include greatly expanded patient education handouts and updated diagnostic, genetic, and therapeutic information. Appendix information incorporates a formulary for common dermatologic conditions.
Color Textbook of Pediatric Dermatology
Botulinum Toxin in Clinical Dermatology explores botulinum toxin, from its early recognition as a food borne toxin to its current form as a pharmaceutical injectible. This high quality, well-illustrated, practical manual presents the latest on the clinical use of different types of botulinum toxins available and presents in a clear and concise way all the pertinent and up-to-date information on how to inject botulinum toxin and avoid complications. Packed with clinical photographs and scientific drawing, each chapter addresses a different aspect of the topic. This is the most comprehensive and authoritative reference for cosmetic injections of BTX for removal of facial and neck wrinkles.
Botulinum Toxin in Clinical Dermatology
This title in the PROCEDURES IN COSMETIC DERMATOLOGY SERIES presents up-to-the-minute, practical guidance on soft tissue augmentation techniques shaping today’s practice. Succinctly written and lavishly illustrated, it focuses on procedural how-to’s and offer step-by-step advice on proper techniques, pitfalls, and tricks of the trade-so you can refine and hone your skills…and expand your surgical repertoire. You’ll find current, to-the-point guidance on the cosmetic use of traditional and new fillers-edited by pioneers in the field, Drs. Alastair and Jean Carruthers. Implement the newest procedures into your practice immediately and confidently-with the outstanding guidance you’ll find in this volume of the PROCEDURES IN COSMETIC DERMATOLOGY SERIES.
- Get the best results from permanent fillers that stimulate the body’s own collagen, new hypoallergenic fillers, injectable Zyderm and Zyplast collagen, and Gore-Tex chin, lip and cheek implants -all with one concise, accessible volume.
- Visualize techniques clearly with a wealth of color illustrations and photographs that depict cases as they appear in practice.
- See how to proceed with a comprehensive instructional DVD containing video clips of techniques and procedures as well as the experts’ hints and tips.
- Updated throughout with new chapters on fibroplasia * synthetic fillers * fillers for skin of color * and how to avoid and handle complications
- New and improved DVD material demonstrates techniques in practice
- Covers both temporary and permanent augmentations
Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series: Soft Tissue Augmentation with DVD
The definitive guide to adapting cosmetic procedures to skin of color
A Doody’s Core Title!
“This book is informative about treating patients with darker skin and I would recommend it to any dermatologist who sees these patients. The authors’ presentations are unbiased and their conclusions are clear. I know I will reread many of the chapters when I see patients with skin types 4-6. 3 Stars.”–Doody’s Review Service
Cosmetic Dermatology for Skin of Color expertly explains how patient assessment, surgical intervention, and medical treatment (including cosmeceuticals) differ for patients with pigmented skin. Presented in full color, the book demonstrates ways to improve efficacy, reduce treatment time, and minimize adverse effects in this special patient population.
This book picks up where other books on cosmetic and laser dermatology leave off. Cosmetic Dermatology for Skin of Color is the first resource that focuses on every aspect of care, helping you optimize patient outcomes for virtually every kind of procedure.
- All the procedural and technological know-how you need to successfully treat patients with more heavily pigmented skin
- Templated, easy-to-navigate chapters provide detailed overviews of:
–Device use, dose/setting selection
–Management of adverse events
- Full coverage of all procedures for ethnic skin types, including microdermabrasion and superficial peels, dermal rejuvenation, nonablative laser and intensed pulsed light, and liposuction
- Important reviews of hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, the development of hypertrophic scars, and other issues specific to skin of color
- A separate chapter on cosmeceuticals, which highlights their benefits in day-to-day clinical practice
- 190 full-color illustrations
Cosmetic Dermatology for Skin of Color
Highly Commended, Dermatology, BMA Awards 2009
Shape the future of dermatology by enhancing your knowledge with this innovative series!
This title in the Requisites in Dermatology series is the perfect resource for quick reference and rapid review in pediatric dermatology. It succinctly presents all of the most essential clinical and foundational knowledge you need for certification, recertification or practice. An extremely user-friendly full-color format, replete with full-color clinical photographs and other pertinent illustrations, makes it easy to locate and read up on any topic. Plus, full-text online access lets you consult the book from any computer, download all of the images, watch online lectures, and much more.
- Expert discussions and abundant full-color photographs guide you through the diagnosis and management of all of the most important and commonly seen pediatric skin conditions.
- Full-text online access lets you consult the book from any computer, perform quick searches, download all of the illustrations, and clip content for download onto your handheld device. You’ll also find online lectures from the chapter authors, self tests, additional downloadable figures, and other exciting materials.
- A highly user-friendly full-color format and a consistent chapter template guide you effortlessly through all the information you need to know about any topic.
- Key Points call attention to the most important “takeaways” in each chapter.
- Abundant algorithms streamline diagnostic and therapeutic decision making.
- The book’s compact size makes it equally convenient for reference in the office, clinic, laboratory, or break room.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.
Pediatric Dermatology: Requisites in Dermatology
The book’s organization reflects the “tried and true” format of the best-selling “Fitz” Color Atlas: for each condition, there are one to two color photographs coupled with salient points of epidemiology, history, physical exam, differential diagnosis, laboratory and special examinations, disease course and up-to-date treatments.
Look for these important highlights:
*an extensive collection of exquisite new photographs for each condition as they present in children or adolescents
*a concise summary of etiology, physical findings, laboratory tests and prognosis for each condition
*emergency skin signs of life-threatening conditions in children, including infectious diseases, adverse drug reactions, and more
*new theraputic recommendations including the recently approved exciting topical immunomodulators for atopic dermatitis (tacrolimus) and HPV infections (imiquimod) with dosages and indications for the pediatric population
PEDIATRIC COLOR ATLAS features:
*493 new, crisp, clear color photographs from many previously unpublished collections
*straight-forward, user-friendly organization
*excellent, up-to-date management and therapy section approved pediatric dosages
A remarkable dollar value, this new PEDIATRIC COLOR ATLAS is an unbeatable visual guide to confirm your next diagnosis.
Color Atlas & Synopsis of Pediatric Dermatology
As a follow up and review book to Dr. Robert Taylor’s highly successful FAMILY MEDICINE: PRINCIPALS AND PRACTICE, TAYLOR’S FAMILY MEDICINE REVIEW will become an indespensible study guide for family practice residents preparing for certification exams, practioners preparing for recertification and medical students during their family practice clerkship. Complete with over 1,200 questions drawn directly from and keyed to FAMILY MEDICINE, this question and answer book will provide an extensive review all the issues confronted by family practitioners in clinical practice.
Taylor’s Family Medicine Review
This is the first traditional Chinese dermatology clinical manual to be published in English. It systematically covers the main concepts of Chinese pathophysiology in dermatology. In the treatment section, you’ll find differential diagnosis, therapeutic principles, and internal and external treatment plans for 90 dermatological conditions ranging from warts,scars, and acne, to psoriasis, eczema, and vitiligo.
Handbook of Traditional Chinese Dermatology
THE EXPRESS ROUTE TO USMLE EXCELLENCE IN FAMILY MEDICINE
You’ll never find an easier, more efficient, and more focused way to ace the family medicine-related questions on the USMLE and course examinations than the USMLE Road Map. Designed to provide maximum learning in minimum time, this USMLE Road Map offers a concise, creative, and well-illustrated new approach to mastering family medicine.
The right way — the right questions — the right results
USMLE SHORTCUTS for effective USMLE preparation
OUTLINE FORMAT guides you through the most important areas in family medicine
HIGH-YIELD FACTS promote comprehension and recall
TWO-COLOR FORMAT AND ILLUSTRATIONS make essential concepts easy to understand and remember
LEARNING TIPS AND TRICKS garnered from years of interaction with students just like you
CLEAR EXPLANATIONS from instructors with the experience to know the questions you would ask
GUIDEPOSTS TO UNDERSTANDING
Follow these road signs for a well-organized, student friendly, and clearly illustrated review of family medicine!
Clinical Correlations: link a topic to its clinical application and illuminate the relationship between basic science and clinical practice
Clinical Problems: Build on the basic concepts and offer valuable practice for the USMLE and course examinations
Explanations of Answers Provide the “whys” to pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses
USMLE Road Map: Family Medicine